High blood pressure or hypertension has become a common disease for many people today, especially for those living in urban areas. High blood pressure or hypertension is one factor causing strokes, heart attacks, and kidney failure. And the worst excesses of this disease is death. Therefore, if you can, this disease should be prevented. If you have high blood pressure, you can control the disease. How to prevent and control high blood pressure or hypertension?
Blood Pressure Before discussing about high blood pressure or hypertension, you should know first about the blood pressure. When you perform a physical examination or clinical examination to the doctor, usually there is a special tool used by physicians to check blood pressure. Tool to check blood pressure sphigmomanometer or also known as tensimeter. There are digital and there is also tensimeter tensimeter mercury that is still commonly used for clinical examinations.
Checking Blood Pressure When checking blood pressure, there are two numbers which are usually referred to as 120/80. What are these numbers? SistolikAngka first (120) ie systolic blood pressure, ie pressure when the heart beat or beats (systole). Pressure is often called upon. DiastolikAngka first (90) ie diastolic blood pressure, ie pressure when the heart is at rest in between when pumping. Often referred under pressure.
The doctor will perform blood pressure checks by having you sit or lie down, because it's the best position to measure blood pressure. Then the doctor will usually bind with an air bag on his right arm in arm unless there are injuries. After that, blood pressure measurements were taken. The difference between systolic and diastolic pressures is called pulse pressure.
What is blood pressure? Blood pressure is the pressure experienced by the blood in the arteries when the heart pumps blood to all members of the human body. Blood pressure is made by taking two sizes and usually there are two numbers that will be called by the doctor. For example, doctors call 140-90, it means it is 140/90 mmHg. The first number (140) shows the upward pressure of the arteries due to cardiac pulsation or heart beat or beats time, and is called the systolic pressure or the pressure is often called upon. The second number (90) shows the pressure when the heart is resting between pumping, and is called diastolic pressure, or often called under pressure.
After learning of blood pressure, you definitely want to know whether your blood pressure low, normal or high. The following blood pressure classification based on the number of measurement results with tensimeter for systolic and diastolic pressure:
Systolic blood pressure (first number) Diastolic (second number) or hypotension low blood Under 90 Under 60 Normal 90-120 60-80 Pre-hypertension 120-140 80-90 High blood pressure or hypertension (stage 1) 140-160 90 - 100 High blood pressure or hypertension (stage 2 / dangerous) Above 160 Above 100 Why Blood Pressure Rises? What causes blood pressure to rise? As an illustration, if you're watering the garden with a hose. If you press the tip of the hose, the water that comes out will be faster. That's because water pressure increases when the hose is pressed. In addition, if you zoom in tap water, the flow of water through the hose will be faster because of increased water discharge.
The same thing happens with your blood. If your blood vessels constrict, the blood pressure in the blood vessels will increase. In addition, if the amount of blood flow increases, blood pressure will also increase.
Causes of High Blood There are some things that can cause a person has high blood pressure. There are factors that cause high blood pressure that you can not control. There is also that you can control so that it can cope with high blood pressure. Some of these factors include:
* This KeturunanFaktor you can not control. If someone has a parent or relative who has high blood pressure, then it is likely he suffered from high blood pressure is greater. Statistics show that the problem of high blood pressure is higher in identical twins than identical twins are not. A study showed that there was evidence of a gene derived for high blood pressure problems.
* This UsiaFaktor you can not control. Research shows that as age increases a person, the blood pressure will increase. You can not expect that your blood pressure will be the same as young as you grow older. But you can control in order not to pass the upper limit of normal.
* GaramFaktor can you control. Salt can increase blood pressure quickly in some people, especially for diabetics, people with mild hypertension, people with old age, and those who were black.
* KolesterolFaktor can you control. Excess fat content in your blood, can cause cholesterol deposits in blood vessel walls. This can make blood vessels constrict and blood pressure will increase consequently. Take control of your cholesterol as early as possible. For tips on controlling cholesterol, please see the following articles: cholesterol.
* Obesity / KegemukanFaktor can you control. People who have a body weight above 30 percent ideal body weight, are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure.
* StresFaktor can you control. Stress and emotional conditions are not stable also can trigger high blood pressure.
* RokokFaktor can you control. Smoking also can increase blood pressure becomes high. Smoking habits may increase the risk of diabetes, heart attack and stroke. Therefore, smoking habit which continues to proceed when it has high blood pressure, is a very dangerous combination that will trigger diseases related to heart and blood.
* KafeinFaktor can you control. Caffeine found in coffee, tea and cola drinks can cause increased blood pressure.
* AlkoholFaktor can you control. Excessive alcohol consumption also causes high blood pressure.
* Less OlahragaFaktor can you control. Lack of exercise and moving can cause increased blood pressure in the body. Regular exercise can lower your high blood pressure but do not do heavy exercise if you suffer from high blood pressure.
Preventing and Overcoming High Blood To prevent high blood pressure for those who still have normal blood pressure or high blood pressure for those who already have high blood pressure, then the following practical suggestions you can do:
* Reduce consumption of salt in your food. If you already suffer from high blood pressure you should avoid foods that contain salt.
* Consumption of foods containing potassium, magnesium and calcium. Potassium, magnesium and calcium can reduce high blood pressure.
* Reduce drinking alcoholic beverages or food. If you suffer from high blood pressure, should avoid excessive alcohol consumption. For men who suffer from hypertension, amount of alcohol is permitted a maximum of 30 ml of alcohol per day, while women 15 ml per day.
* Regular exercise can reduce high blood pressure. If you suffer from high blood pressure, choose a light exercise such as walking, cycling, running relaxed, and swimming. Do it for 30 to 45 minutes a day 3 times a week.
* Eat vegetables and fruits are high in fiber such as green vegetables, bananas, tomatoes, carrots, cantaloupe, and oranges.
* Run anti-stress therapy to reduce stress and you are able to control your emotions.
* Quitting smoking also contributes greatly to reduce high blood pressure or hypertension.
* Take control of your cholesterol levels.
* Take control of your diabetes.
* Avoid drugs that can increase blood pressure. Consult your doctor if you are receiving treatment for certain diseases, to ask for drugs that do not increase blood pressure.
High Blood Pressure can be controlled high blood pressure or hypertension is not a disease that can not be eliminated. You can control and prevent high blood pressure.